Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 11 – 2pm
A place of refreshment and calm in the city centre Café Central provides:
- the best value you can find, guaranteed or your money back!
- somewhere to relax alone or find someone to chat to
- a central location for volunteers to meet those they are supporting
- opportunities for volunteering
- the chance to gain experience and accreditation in basic catering skills.
As the hub of GMCC it is a public space designed to be a safe environment where those seeking help can sit quietly and discuss the issues they may be struggling with. Some just come for a chat about how things have been going over the past week.
The café is run by a team of dedicated volunteers who serve hot & cold home-made food (free for volunteers & clients) & drinks. At our last Environmental Health Inspection we were awarded 4 stars. Our prices are very competitive as making a profit is not our priority. We manage to keep running because of donations and members of the public who come back regularly.
You can be sure of a warm welcome and we are confident you will be glad you came. This is somewhere where even just buying a cup of tea can make a difference as all the support we get comes as a real encouragement.
Call in and see us soon!