Monday 10am - 2pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 8.30am – 2pm
Located on the ground floor of the Methodist Central Buildings Café Central provides:
- A warm and friendly welcome to everybody
- Great Value, home cooked food
- A Barista style coffee machine serving Lattes, cappuccinos and Americanos at very reasonable prices
- Somewhere to relax alone or find somebody to chat to
- A central location in the heart of the Northern Quarter, ideal for volunteers to meet those they are supporting
- Opportunities for volunteering
- The chance to gain experience and accreditation in basic catering skills
- Free WIFI
- Cash and card payments accepted
- Suspended Coffees
- 5* hygiene certificate
As the hub of GMCC the café is a public space designed to be a safe environment where those seeking help can sit quietly and discuss the issues they may be struggling with. Some just come for a chat about how things have been going over the past week.
The café is run by a team of dedicated volunteers who serve hot & cold home-made food (free for volunteers & clients) & drinks. Our prices are very competitive as making a profit is not our priority. We manage to keep running because of donations and members of the public who come back regularly.
You can be sure of a warm welcome and we are confident you will be glad you came. This is somewhere where even just buying a cup of tea can make a difference as all the support we get comes as a real encouragement.
Call in and see us soon!